We are past the 30-day mark for the 60-day comment period that closes on August 15, 2016. Thank you to everyone who has submitted comments to OCS to date! We are looking forward to working with OCS to review your comments and incorporate your suggestions into the CSBG Annual Report. To view the CSBG Annual Report, please go to the Notice for Public Comment, OCS’ Dear Colleague Letter, or download it here.
Comments can be submitted to OCS in various formats and you are encouraged to choose the format that works best for you! To help you in the process, we’ve built an optional sample template that can be edited based on the feedback you plan to submit. This template will help you frame your comments to promote clear responses, and easy-to-reference actionable comments for OCS staff working to review and aggregate your submissions!
We want to remind you that you should only submit formal comments on this PDF packet! All the other tools and resources are designed to support your review of the packet and give you direction and guidance as you digest these changes and begin drafting your comments to OMB. Please submit your comments to email@example.com, as directed in the Federal Register Notice (FRN), within the 60-day comment period that began June 16, 2016. As you consider the CSBG Annual Report packet, you should consider the following questions, as the FRN requests feedback around some specific areas.
- Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information shall have practical utility;
- The accuracy of the agency’s estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information;
- The quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
OCS also invites comments on the content, format, and order of the information in the revised CSBG Annual Report. When reviewing the proposed indicators, consider the following questions:
- Is this the correct data element to collect?
- Is there a revised/modified data element that would be more appropriate?
- Is there a new data element that should be included?
OCS encourages you to submit your comments as soon as possible, in order to expedite the clearance process.