Community Needs Assessment
A Community Action Guide to Comprehensive Community Needs Assessments– This guide supports planning and implementing the comprehensive Community Needs Assessment. It lays out design choices, planning steps, implementation practices, analysis, and presentation options. It is intended to help individual CAAs choose and implement effective community assessment practices; it also includes options that groups of agencies can implement together in partnership with state CSBG offices.
Checklist for Monitoring Community Needs Assessments– This checklist is designed to assist CSBG State Offices. The document will help monitors answer the following questions:
- What should I be looking for when I read a Community Needs Assessment (CNA) report?
- What elements should the CNA report contain?
- How do I know if this is a “comprehensive and complete” CNA report?
- How can I assist the CEE in doing a more comprehensive CNA report?
- How do you evaluate Community Needs Assessments?
- Do you have a review tool or checklist? Can you share it?
- How long does it take to complete a review of a needs assessment?