What is the CSBG DATA Task Force?
The CSBG DATA Task Force is convened by the National Association for State Community Services Programs (NASCSP) to assist the Office of Community Services (OCS) and NASCSP in understanding and addressing the CSBG Network’s data needs and the use of data for analysis and continual improvement of results. The CSBG DATA Task Force will serve as a consultative body focused on the transition from the CSBG IS Survey to the CSBG Annual Report, as well as ongoing assistance in the implementation of the CSBG Annual Report. The task force consists of representatives from Community Action Agencies, State CSBG Offices, Community Action Agency State Associations, National Partner organizations, and OCS.
The DATA Task Force will post periodic status reports updating the network on accomplishments, resources under development, major projects, etc.
• Update from August 8, 2018 DATA Task Force Meeting
• Interactive Theory of Change is now live! Access it here.
• Analysis FAQ– This Analysis FAQ is intended as a resource for the CSBG Network to use when beginning to think about data analysis. We hope that this introduction is used to help the network understand what data analysis is and begin a conversation about how someone might go about analyzing data. Anyone interested in more information should also check out the Community Action Partnership’s ROMA Next Generation resources on data analysis. Other tools will be developed in this area of performance management. Please contact us and let us know what additional tools and resources are needed for data analysis.
You can view a roster of the DATA Task Force Members here. Consider contacting a DATA Task force member from your region if you are in need of guidance or resources.
DATA Task Force Subcommittees
- Guidance and Training Subcommittee
- This subcommittee is focused on developing guidance and training resources to be utilized by all levels of the network. The subcommittee has already developed several tools available on NASCSP’s website here. A major deliverable under development by this subcommittee is a comprehensive Lexicon to supplement Annual Report instruction manuals.
- Systems IT Subcommittee
- This subcommittee is focused on helping the CSBG network develop the systems and IT infrastructure needed to implement the CSBG Annual Report. Major deliverables for this subcommittee include an RFP toolkit and data dictionary.
- Analysis Subcommittee
- This subcommittee is responsible for developing resources to assist with data analysis such as crosswalks and measurement tools. The subcommittee is also helping to inform the creation of the OCS CSBG Performance Management website.
- Communications and Marketing Subcommittee
- This subcommittee is responsible for developing and implementing an overarching communications plan for the Task Force. This includes the development of communications tools such as talking points, slide decks, handouts, and more.