Final 2020 Spending Package Released
Today the House and Senate Appropriations committees released a spending package made up of "minibus" bills which finalize 2020 funding amounts for departments and programs across the government. The House is expected to take up the package as soon as tomorrow, with the Senate voting later this week, ultimately sending the measure to President Trump's desk for signature. The current Continuing Resolution (CR) is set to expire this Friday December 20th at midnight; this package would eliminate the need for another short term CR.
The final numbers included in the spending package include:
Energy & Water
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)- $308.5 million
- This is an increase of $51.5 million over FY 2019. $3.5 million is specifically reserved for Training and Technical Assistance at DOE Headquarters; this is an increase of $500,000 over FY 2019.
- State Energy Program (SEP)- $62.5 million
- This is an increase of $7.5 million over FY 2019.
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)- $740 million
- This is an increase of $15 million over FY 2019.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)- $3.74 billion
- This is an increase of $50 million over FY 2019.
- Head Start- $10.6 billion
- This is a increase of $550 million over FY 2019.