Event: A Strategy for Action to Advance Healthy Housing
A Strategy for Action to Advance Healthy Housing February 4, 2013; 9:00 am ? 11:30 am | National Building Museum ? 401 F Street, NW, Washington, D.C. The federal Healthy Homes Work Group's (HHWG) latest release, Advancing Healthy Housing - A Strategy for Action, serves as a roadmap for coordination between the Federal agencies within HHWG to support healthy homes for all Americans. The program will include presentations and a panel discussion with senior leaders, including:
- Shaun Donovan, Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Lisa P. Jackson, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Vice Admiral Regina M. Benjamin, MD, MBA, U.S. Surgeon General
- Nancy Sutley, Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ)
- Daniel Poneman, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- Senior leaders from sponsoring agencies will announce the release of the Strategy and discuss their agency's work relating to the Strategy's vision and goals.
- Agency personnel will discuss the Strategy's five goals and will be joined by other stakeholders working to reduce the number of American homes with residential health and safety hazards.
- Representatives from HUD's Office of Multifamily Housing will announce new radon testing and mitigation requirements.
- DOE will highlight its work around health and safety, particularly the Weatherization Plus Health initiative, implemented by the National Association for State Community Services Programs (NASCSP) on behalf of DOE.