Oversee the operations of Green Jobs Academy (GJA) at South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC) including resource development, financial management, and cultivation of new opportunities for expansion and long-term viability. GJA is an IREC-accredited and DOE-approved training center specializing in residential weatherization trainings and provides continuing education units (CEUs) for MA Construction Supervisor License and Business Performance Institute (BPI).
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the program/department to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals, with input from Division Director
- Manage all grants and contracts to maximize revenue and attainment of outcomes.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities for growth and sustainability of the program.
- Recruit, manage, develop, and evaluate staff by providing timely mentoring, training and performance management.
- Partner with management and staff in structuring and implementing the program design.
- Develop strong external relationships with funders, community partners, and trainers/contractors to support growth and regional expansion efforts.
- Monitor key performance metrics and provide regular program updates as requested
- Provide oversight of financial reporting and billing by partnering with the Finance department
- Ensure accurate student/trainee files and provide necessary course data per program requirements.
- Audit the program on a regular basis and make recommendations for changes/improvements.
- Routinely monitor trainee and trainer/contractor satisfaction
- Ensure all industry standards compliance certifications and accreditations are maintained in active status.
- Participate in supervision, SMOC committees and multi-disciplinary teams as required.
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs whether within or outside the scope of work.
- Lead and participate in team meetings and communicate effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency information in accordance with federal and state laws and funder requirements
- Ensure compliance with program/department/funder requirements, and SMOC policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to view the full posting.