Updates to this page coming soon.
High quality, effective work has been a hallmark of the WAP since its inception. Many of the cutting edge techniques utilized in the program come from experienced field practitioners who passionately pursued and developed the weatherization program management systems, residential energy efficiency building science, diagnostics, and advanced installation techniques over the last 30+ years. These state-of-the-art best practices have been shared by a strong peer exchange network and are used throughout the energy efficiency residential retrofit industry.
WAPTAC Best Practices is a central repository for documents that can be used as resources for your weatherization program in terms of program management, administrative standards, financial information, and technical standards.
For a list of state WAP offices and contacts, see the NASCSP State Contact page:
- Service Contracting Agreements Best Practice
- DOE Toolkits
- Multi Year Purchasing Agreements Best Practices
WAP Evaluation Reports
- Iowa SLICE Reports
- Massachusetts Non-Energy Impacts Study
- Washington 2012 Evaluation
- Washington Pierce County Healthy Homes Case Study
- Washington Weatherization Plus Health Pilot
- Wisconsin 1-4 Unit Buildings
- Wisconsin 5 – 24 Unit Buildings
- Client Contact Log – Blank
- Client File Checklist
- Client Files – Documents Required
- GEO Weatherization File Index
- Healthy Homes Checklist
- Weatherization Application – Generic
- Final Consumer Cumulative Report – Pennsylvania
- Checklist – Client Files (Iowa)
- State Weatherization Field Guides are available under Technical Tools – Field Standards and Guides here.
- Checklist – Contractor Files (Iowa)
- Deferral Documentation Form (Iowa)
- Contractor Files – Template (Iowa)
- Contractor/Sub-Contractor Files Checklist (Iowa)
- Contractor/Sub-Contractor Licensing and Training Tracking Sheet (Iowa)
- House Files – Template (Iowa)
- Release of Liability (Iowa)
- New Mexico File Unit Inspection Form
- Colorado Quality Inspection Form