The NASCSP 2021 New Manager Orientation is a series of virtual trainings that will provide foundational knowledge and equip state WAP and CSBG managers for successful state leadership. Registration for this event is $375 and exclusively reserved for NASCSP members only.
CSBG New Manager Orientation (hosted weekly from May 12 – June 9, 2021)
The CSBG New Manager Orientation runs weekly from May 12 – June 9, 2021, and is specifically designed for those with less than two years of experience in their state leadership role.
Over the course of five weeks, attendees will be oriented to state management practices, philosophies, and approaches necessary for effective administration of CSBG at the state level. Attendees will participate in five three-hour interactive live sessions facilitated by NASCSP. Attendees will also have access to prerecorded sessions on relevant topics. Over the course of orientation, attendees will develop a state-specific CSBG state action plan to guide their implementation and administration of CSBG.
WAP New Manager Orientation (May 10-13,2020)
The WAP New Manager Orientation runs from May 10-13, 2021, and is specifically designed for new and experienced Grantee directors, managers, and staff of the Weatherization Assistance Program with up to five years experience. Orientation topics include:
- A review of the federal statutes, regulations, and program notices; including 2 CFR 200 federal procurement rules, cost principles and audit requirements for federal awards.
- The role of the WAP manager in ensuring the management and field integrity of the WAP program with an emphasis on the SWS.
- In-depth review of requirements, critical components, and best practices on state plan development.
- Training and technical assistance planning including the preparation of a network wide needs assessment
- Energy audits for new program managers
- LIHEAP coordination and eligibility considerations.
- How to ensure compliance with quality assurance monitoring for grantees and sub-grantees.
- Download the WAP agenda.
- REGISTER for WAP Orientation.