Job Title: Weatherization Program Manager | Deadline to Apply: November 11, 2019
Job Description: The Weatherization Program Manager provides support in implementing the Department of Energy (DOE) WAP grants and other energy related projects. The Program Manager will develop knowledge of the Association membership and take an active role in supporting State WAP Managers through training and technical assistance efforts. Internally, the Program Manager is responsible for supporting the WAP Director in project management and WAP services staff development. Externally, the Program Manger is responsible for managing relationships with WAP State members, organizational partners, and other stakeholders. The position can be based in Washington, D.C. or function as a remote position. Remote staff are required to travel to Washington, D.C. for staff meetings up to four weeks per year and are responsible for all expenses associated with the required staff meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
Member Training & Support
● Oversee NASCSP’s role and serve as a spokesperson for state interests in representing NASCSP membership on WAP and related energy efficiency issues
● Build strong and effective relationships with NASCSP WAP members through regular and proactive communication;
● Provide technical assistance and training support to WAP State members to enhance their capacity to oversee WAP subgrantees;
● Assist with development, implementation and facilitation of the WAP component of NASCSP sponsored conferences, WAP orientation training, and webinars and workshops designed to address specific and other WAP/energy related training needs and customized to meet the needs of the WAP network, including the development of standardized content for routine training topics;
● Assist NASCSP in providing regular updates to the WAP membership related to WAP and energy efficiency issues.
● Work with WAP Services team to routinely track and report progress related to grant deliverables, adjusting in response to project developments as needed.
● Develop and maintain a constructive working relationship with DOE Headquarters staff;
● Maintain communication and cultivate relationships with other professionals in the energy efficiency sector, including building science professionals and the training consortium;
● Plan for future capacity, funding, and role of WAP network in current political environment and industry direction.
● In coordination with the Communications and Policy Manager, assist WAP Director in tracking policy, legislation, and reauthorization issues related to the WAP and associated initiatives;
● Ensure NASCSP is represented on coalition groups and other advocacy initiatives;
● Ensure NASCSP has good working relationships with legislators and their staff members.
●Other duties as assigned by the WAP Director or Executive Director.
● A bachelor’s degree or higher (commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of degree) and at least 5 years of WAP/Energy Efficiency experience.
● Qualified experience with state and/or federal WAP-related agency.
● At least 3 years of experience managing budgets, contracts and WAP production preferred but not required.
● Deep understanding of the programmatic, technical, and financial elements that underpin the WAP.
● Experience with financial management, grant writing, and grant management.
● Demonstrated experience with the legislative process at the state and/or federal level preferred but not required.
● Unwavering commitment to quality Energy Efficiency programs and data-driven program evaluation.
● Excellence in project management with the ability to develop, manage, and coach staff; set and achieve strategic objectives. Project management certification preferred but not required.
● Experience providing training and technical assistance for federally-funded programs with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and weatherization professionals.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, particularly with WAP stakeholders at the federal, state, and local level.
● Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
● Track record of effectively leading and scaling performance at the regional, state and/or national level.
● Ability to travel frequently. This position will be responsible for providing T/TA to the WAP network, which will require travel up to 50% of time spread throughout the year.
Salary Range: $79,800 – $92,378
Application Instructions: Interested parties should send their cover letter/resume to email@example.com no later than November 11, 2019.
|Job Category||NASCSP Jobs|