The Trainer / Building Science Specialist is responsible for developing curricula, maintaining courses and teaching classes at the Santa Fe Community College Energy Smart Academy. Using knowledge of construction, building science, and adult learning principles, the Trainer delivers a range of training courses, ensures classroom and on-site safety, and incorporates the latest knowledge of industry best practices. This is a TERM position contingent upon continuous funding from business contracts and/or program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences, construction management or a related field
- Three (3) years Construction or Weatherization Assistance Program related experience or a combination of the two.
- Industry certifications (BPI BA and EP minimum)
- OSHA 30-hour General Construction Certification
- Current first-aid/CPR Certification
- Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.