Position: Manager, Energy Department
Employment Status: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Leased Housing
Please send/email letters of interest and resumes to:
Walter Phinney, COO
Housing Assistance Corporation
460 West Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.haconcapecod.org/
Housing Assistance Corporation in Hyannis, Massachusetts is seeking candidates to manage its Energy Department. The Manager of Energy is responsible for management of the state, federal and utility funded energy efficiency, weatherization and heating system programs. This includes planning, coordinating and implementing all program business, staff supervision and all other appropriate administrative duties while incorporating daily activities with organization’s Mission and Guiding Values. The Manager of the Energy Department will carry out all responsibilities within state, federal and Program Administrators (utility) contract, guidelines and policies.
• Directs the overall operation of the Energy Department providing energy analysis, energy conservation and health and safety services to qualifying low-income households. Prioritizes work assignments and assigns work to program staff. Works directly with staff and subcontractors in the field as needed to ensure quality control and efficient completion of projects. Implements necessary corrective actions.
• Ensures that all program administrative paperwork meets contractual requirements including client eligibility, job work orders, quality control inspections, etc.
• Responsible for recognizing a need to expand program services and to follow up with program development and implementation.
• Oversees the maintenance of records to assure that all program requirements are met. Implement appropriate methods for measuring the department’s progress toward achieving the production, energy savings and quality control goals.
• Responsible for subcontractor procurement, contract negotiations, staff training, certifications and development. Plans for appropriate contractor network to match program production requirements.
• Coordinates utility efficiency program funding as it relates to DOEWAP, HEARTWAP and Cape Light Compact, NGrid and Eversource (PA) programs. Manages and coordinates utility and other efficiency work as necessary. Coordinates with other initiatives (community repair programs) that are appropriate for the effectiveness of these programs.
• Responsible for leveraging state, federal, Cape Light Compact and utility (PA) weatherization and heating system funding in accordance with program requirements.
• Ensures the equipment is kept in good repair. Responsible for accurately maintaining the program’s supply and equipment inventory, ensuring that materials are available at all times to meet program needs.
• Oversees subcontractors and ensures subcontractors receive appropriate training, certifications equipment and modification of equipment as necessary. Oversees in process and final quality control inspections, auditing staff and subcontractors’ work.
• Directly supervises all auditors, administrative and accounts payable staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, promoting and training employees; planning, assigning, directing and approving work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints
and resolving problems; and recommending salary adjustments.
• Attends all relevant meetings, workshops and trainings to keep program procedures consistent with current regulations and guidelines.
Required Qualifications, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Valid driver’s license
• Sound Computer skills. (Microsoft office, excel spreadsheets and databases)
Preferred Qualifications, Education, and Experience
• Significant experience in energy efficiency work with thorough knowledge of state/federal weatherization job performance requirements, DOE materials standards and practice and technical understanding of energy efficiencies, calculating savings and heating system fundamentals.
• Some level of experience in the field of energy efficiency and conservation practices.
• BPI Certification and construction experience are a plus.
• At least two years of successful supervisory experience.
|Job Category||CSBG/WAP Network Jobs|