Annual Report Tools
Supplemental Reporting Webinar FAQ
- This FAQ is intended as a resource for the CSBG Network to use when completing the FY 2020 CSBG CARES and CSBG Disaster Supplemental Reports.
Considerations for Reporting Cash Assistance
- During the pandemic, low-income families became in even greater need of immediate assistance to continue maintaining their current situation while businesses and offices closed. Many Community Action Agencies responded by providing cash assistance, but there isn’t a place in the Annual Report to report cash assistance specifically. Check out this one-pager developed by the DATA TF Guidance and Training Committee for tips on reporting cash assistance in the Annual Report. (DRAFT)
- The CSBG Annual Report asks for unduplicated counts throughout the report. Not quite clear on what an unduplicated count is? Read this one-pager from the DATA TF Systems Committee that provides definitions and examples around unduplicated counts, particularly around FNPI 7a. (DRAFT)
- Interested in getting a vendor to collect your CSBG data? Check out this guide from the DATA TF Systems Committee for writing an RFP to procure a CSBG data system vendor. The guide walks you through the general process for developing an RFP and contains some tips to consider along the way. (DRAFT)
Fundamentals of Measurement Tools
- How do you determine if you reached an outcome? Through a measurement tool! This one-pager put together by the DATA TF Analysis Committee provides you with an understanding of the fundamentals of measurement tools and clears some common misconceptions. (DRAFT)
Charting a Course to Food Security
- Many agencies want to know how they could track food security. The DATA TF Analysis Committee put together this quick guide on things to consider as you explore ways that you can capture clients’ improvement in food security. (DRAFT)
CSBG List of “Other Indicators”
- NASCSP is releasing a list of Other NPIs that can be used when reporting in the CSBG Annual Report. This is a list of common indicators that the CSBG network said were missing from the Annual Report. NASCSP reviewed hundreds of indicators from the network and with the help of the CSBG DATA Task Force, narrowed them down to the most common indicators not already found in the Annual Report.
- This lexicon serves as a dictionary for terms in relation to CSBG and the Annual Report. The DATA Task Force Guidance and Training Committee has worked extensively on this tool, and the general DATA Task Force has provided feedback to ensure the definitions are acceptable and useful for the Network. This document is meant to be a quick reference for terms as you work on your Annual Report submissions. For more detailed guidance and instructions around the Annual Report, please refer to the Instruction Manuals located here.
- This spreadsheet includes an updated list for the content and order of NPIs in Modules 1-4 and can be referenced when creating the CSBG Annual Report to enhance data collection and completeness.
- State Offices should assess the completeness and reasonableness of the data to ensure accuracy prior to submitting in OLDC. This is a checklist of thing to consider while reviewing the data.
Module 3 Community Initiative Status Form Review Document
- The Community Initiative Status Form (CIS) is the entry form for Community Action Agencies (CAAs) reporting community level in Module 3 of the CSBG Annual Report. This document was developed to assist CSBG State Offices in reviewing the CIS and thus all Module 3 reporting.
- This 1-pager provides key information on the what, why, and when of the CSBG Annual Report.
FAQ: Collecting, Storing, Analyzing, and Using Data
- This FAQ is intended as a resource for the CSBG Network to use when beginning to think about data analysis. Anyone interested in more information should also check out the Community Action Partnership’s ROMA Next Generation resources on data analysis.
CSBG Annual Report/CSBG IS Survey/Organizational Standards Crosswalk
- This tool crosswalks elements of the CSBG Annual Report, CSBG IS Survey and the Organizational Standards.
Organizational Standards/ROMA Principles Crosswalk –
- This tool lists the Organizations Standards that correspond to each phase of the ROMA cycle.
- The LIHEAP/WIOA/WAP/HS crosswalk is a technical assistance tool for the CSBG network to use when considering where or how to report indicators, services, or strategies for these four specific federal programs in the new CSBG Annual Report. It is understood that not all agencies have the same data collection and reporting capabilities and that there is discretion in selecting indicators to report for the CSBG network. As such, this crosswalk is a suggestion of where to report these programs. It is also understood that not only these programs can be reported in any of the listed indicators and that other programs may use the same indicators. Agencies should work with their state offices to answer specific reporting questions and should check with their state office before deciding where or where not to report specific programs.